At Kanishk Surgical & Super Specialty Hospital women’s healthcare is given utmost priority with lot of care. Gynecology and Obstetrics department deals with all kind’s of pregnancy; painless vaginal delivery, normal vaginal delivery and Cesarean section including complicated pregnancy. Antenatal screening is available to see for any early and late complications, early detection of fetal birth defects, and other pathologies during pregnancy. Our Gynecology department is very efficient in dealing with Infertility problems occurring very common these days. An infertility counseling and treatment is available here.
Furthermore, our department is dedicated towards problems related to Uterus (Uterine fibroids, adenomyosis, Endometriosis, Uterine bleeding and others), Ovarian pathologies (ovarian tumors, cysts, ovarian torsion, etc.), Tubal blockage and Ectopic pregnancy. A special surgical and medical treatment options are available for Common cancers in women such as Cervical cancer, Ovarian cancer, Endometrial and Breast cancer). Cervical vaccination program (prophylaxis for cervical cancer) and women’s health check up options are widely provided at Kanishk Surgical & Super Specialty Hospital.
Women’s body keeps changing With age and life style and hence women come across different health issues throughout this period. The Team of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at KSSH g offers best comprehensive care for women. Our specialists provide their expert opinion on preventive measures, ensure accurate diagnosis and provide suitable treatment. The team at KSSH for Obstetrics and Gynaecology is known to deal with the most complex disorders or diseases related to the female reproductive tract.
Our team at kssh is equipped with latest technology to provide the best treatment to a woman at different stages of her life. Our specialists deal with all the issues pertaining to female reproductive system involving the uterus, fallopian tubes, cervix, ovaries and vagina.
For obstetrics patients we have the best technologies that enable timely and accurate maternal and fetal screening and diagnosis that further allow our doctors to meet the unique and specific needs of the babies while they are in the womb (intrauterine). The high-end quality of ultrasound images provides an accurate report on fetal development during pregnancy and an opportunity for the expecting parents to see their unborn baby before birth. We work as a team with the physicians, paediatrician, anesthest to provide good care for mother and and the baby. Our laber and delivery room The delivery rooms have been specifically designed while considering all requirements.
Our team of best Gynaecologist & Obstetrician are highly renowned in their fields and provides advanced treatment facilities.
Some Of The Gynaecological Conditions Treated By Our Specialists Are:
- Abnormal Vaginal Discharge
- Gynaecological Cancers
- Gynaecological Oncology
- Endometrial cancers
- Menstrual Disorders
- Ovarian cancer
- Ovarian Cysts
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Vaginal Bleeding
- Gynaecological Oncology deals with the diagnosis and treatment of cancerous (malignant) conditions of the female reproductive system such as Cervical Cancer, Endometrial Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Vaginal Cancer, Vulvar Cancer etc.
Frequently Performed Procedures And Investigations Are:
- Abdominal hysterectomy
- Caesarean delivery
- Dilation and Curettage (D & C)
- Family Planning
- Pap smear
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Vaginal delivery
- Vaginal hysterectomy
Our operation theatres and wards are equipped with advanced monitoring systems to ensure good patient outcome.
Once your pregnancy is confirmed, it’s important that you visit your Obstetrician who will schedule your appointments during pregnancy. These appointments are part of antenatal care. Antenatal care is essential, as it protects the health of mother and her unborn child by identifying, preventing and managing pregnancy-related issues.
Antenatal care services include:
- Early Pregnancy Scans: A transvaginal ultrasound is performed during 6 weeks of gestation to confirm a healthy pregnancy, calculate gestational age, the due date of delivery, crown-to-rump length, any abnormal gestation etc.</span=”style=”font-size:>
- Antenatal blood profile is carried out to rule out any medical issues in the mother.
- NT Scans:Nuchal translucency scan is performed between week 12 to week 14 of pregnancy to detect chromosomal abnormalities in a fetus such as Down syndrome. Dual marker test is also performed to rule out above.
- Anomaly Scans:It is a detailed ultrasound scan performed to examine all organs of baby and to take organ measurements. Anomaly scan is performed between 18-21 weeks of pregnancy.
- Doppler Scan:It is done after 24 weeks, to check the blood flow in different parts of your baby’s body.
- Growth Scan: Growth or wellbeing scan is performed between 28-36 weeks of pregnancy to determine the health and growth of baby.
- Multiple Pregnancy Scans: It is performed when you are expecting more than one baby. Multiple pregnancy scan is done to determine whether each fetus has their own placenta and amniotic sac or they share same. These factors determine prognosis and directs further management of pregnancy
With clinical and technological expertise, the doctors at Apollo Hospitals frequently handle high risk pregnancies. A pregnancy is considered high-risk, if it has one or more of the following risk factors:
- Multiple pregnancy
- Age more then 35
- Medical illness such as hypertension, diabetes, heart disease, kidney disease, depression etc.
- Previous miscarriage, still birth or pre-term labor or preeclampsia etc.
- Obstetrics complication like an abnormal placenta position, shortened cervix, history of previous uterine surgery.
Red Flags in Pregnancy
- Watery vaginal discharge or vaginal bleeding
- Severe headaches
- Cramping or pain in the lower abdomen.
- Frequent contractions — a tightening sensation in the abdomen.
- Decreased fetal movement.
- Pain or burning sensation during urination.
- Change in vision, including blurred vision.
- Fever or Chills.
At Kanishk Hospital, Obstetricians and Gynaecologist are highly trained and experienced in:
- Advanced Laparoscopic Gynecology procedures and surgeries
- Infertility Clinic
- Special Pregnancy (Antenatal, Postnatal) care.
- Pregnancy related complications and Fetal birth defects screening and care
- Normal Delivery, Painless Delivery, Cesarean section
- Surgical treatment of Uterus (Hysterectomy), Ovaries and fallopian tubes (Salpingo-Oophorectomy)
- Surgical and Medical treatment of Breast cancer, Cervical, and ovarian cancers .
- Common Gynecology Infections and diseases related to women′s healthcare
- Common Women′s health Issues - PCOS, Hormonal imbalance, Post-Menopausal Syndrome and gynecology Infections