"Our first & last aim is to provide very best of the best treatment to our patients according to our capabilities without any compromise. KSSH is all about providing excellent medical and surgical healthcare system and become best hospital in Uttarakhand. At KSSH health always comes first is our motto."
A balanced diet in terms of calories, proteins, fats, carbohydrate minerals electrolyte and vitamins is essential for a healthy life.A proper diet provides the daily requirement of nutrient to the body, thus enhancing the immunity of the person.
The dietetics department at “kanishk hospital”, Dehradun strives to establish and _ good nutrition _ provide good nutrition care to the patient and normal individual.
- The departmental has a dietetics team consisting of expert dietician
- The dietetics team provide high – quality dietetic service to the hospital patient.
- Dietetics service is available to the patient 24 hours a day.
- Diet are provided to the patient awarding to diagnosis of patients.
- The dieticians remain active in patients care and keep reporting the nutritional States of the patient as well as act as an adviser to the physician and the medical term.
- The dieticians present a nutritional assessment of the patient that may include information specific to ideal body weight history of Weight loss, pertinent laboratory values and anthropomorphic measurement.
- The diet are provided to the patient based on science of nutrition.
- The dieticians remain in touch with the patients and them twice day.
- The dieticians help the patient understand the nature of disease and the dietary influence and it’s management.
Department also provide diet counseling for different type of disease like:-
Normal diet, soft diet, semi- solid, liquid, Clear liquid diet and feeds – all based on the nature of disease. Diet provide to the admitted patient are compulsory.
Services provided by the department:-
- Diet counseling
- free diet counseling in camp organised by kanishk hospital
- Free diet counseling for poor people.
- Create awareness among poor people through participation a different program, specially for woman and children.
Some simple dietictes tips for a healthy life:-
- Eat healthy to lead a healthy life.
- As age advance, eat less, exercise more.
- Make breakfast the largest and dinner the lightest meal of the day.
- Be a nibbler, not a gourmet.
- Don′t store yourself and overeat subsequently.
- Include all colors of food in your diet.
- Don′t use _ sold.
- Eat your salad before you eat the meal.
- Eat fresh vegetables and fruits- avoid _ /_ and _ food.
- Consume a variety of refined oils.
- Take exercise and walk half an hour daily.