Dr. Ritu Gupta
Gynaecologist and Obstetrician
Infertility Specialist and Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeon
Ex – Senior Resident Lady Harding Medical College, Delhi
Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
Specialize in the Gynaecological Surgeries, General Medical Care of women, as well as care related to pregnancy and the reproductive tract.
She also specializes in the management of hormonal disorders, treatment of infections, or treat pelvic organ and urinary tract problems to include cancer of the reproductive organs.
Screening for cancer is an important part of the job of our specialist as well.
- Pelvic & Vaginal Pain
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding / Heavy Periods (Menorrhagia)
- Abdominal Hysterectomy
- PCOS and Ovarian Drilling
- Breast Cancer
- Gynecologic Laparoscopy
- Liver Specialist
- Rasoli (Fibroid) Treatment
- Infertility Treatment
- Liver Problem Liver Pain Doctor
- Gastroenterologist center
- Fatty Liver Doctor
Endometriosis is a common condition where tissue from the lining of the womb, grows in other areas of the body, such as ovaries, vagina, fallopian tubes, bladder, bowel, or rectum. It is a chronic condition that affects women’s all over the world.
The symptoms of endometriosis vary and some women may have no symptoms at all.
Most common symptoms include:
- Painful or heavy periods
- Pain during sex
- Pain in the lower back, pelvis or abdomen
- Bleeding between periods
- Infertility problems
The experience of pain varies among women. Most women with endometriosis get pain in the area between their hips and the tops of their legs. Some women have this all the time, while others only have pain during their periods, when they have sex or when they go to the toilet.
How severe the symptoms depend largely on where in your body the endometriosis is. A small amount of tissue can be as painful as a large amount.
Endometriosis is diagnosed via an examination called a laparoscopy.
During a laparoscopy, you are given a general anesthetic and a laparoscope (slender, tubular endoscope) is inserted through a small incision in your abdominal wall. The laparoscope has a tiny camera that transmits images to a video monitor for the Consultant to view the endometriotic tissue.
The Consultant can then perform a biopsy for laboratory testing or insert other surgical instruments to treat the endometriosis. You can usually go home the same day after you have had a laparoscopy.
Your Consultant will discuss treatment options with you. Several factors will influence the recommended treatment options, such as
- Your age
- Your main symptom (pain, fertility problems)
- If you are planning a pregnancy
- If you have had any treatments previously
- If you are anxious about surgery
Although there is no cure for endometriosis, the aim of treatment is to ease the symptoms so that the condition does not interfere with your daily life. Treatment can help to relieve pain, improve fertility, slow the growth of endometriosis, and prevent the disease from coming back.
Treatments for Endometriosis:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen act against the inflammation and help to ease pain and discomfort
- Hormone treatments can limit or stop the production of estrogen in your body. Removing exposure to estrogen can reduce the endometriotic tissue and help to ease your symptoms
- Surgery can remove or destroy the areas of endometriotic tissue. The type of surgery used will depend on where the tissue is and how extensive it is.
- The endometriotic tissue may be cut away, or be destroyed with heat from an electric current or a laser (endometrial ablation) or by directing a beam of helium gas to destroy the tissue. This can usually be done by a laparoscopy. The Consultant Surgeon will make small cuts in your abdomen and then use the laparoscope to view inside your pelvis and remove the tissue.
- If endometriosis is severe and extensive, you may need laparotomy surgery. This is open surgery and a larger cut will be made in your abdomen.
- If you have very severe symptoms, your doctor may advise you to have surgery to remove your womb, called a hysterectomy.
In many women, endometriosis can come back after surgery. Your Consultant Surgeon may recommend that you take hormonal drugs after surgery to help delay the return of symptoms.
Possible causes of pelvic or vaginal pain include:
This is a life-threatening emergency that requires immediate treatment. It happens when an embryo begins growing outside of the uterus (usually in the fallopian tube). Symptoms include sharp pelvic pain or cramps, vaginal bleeding, nausea, and dizziness.
A follicle houses the maturing egg during the menstrual cycle and releases the egg when you ovulate. Occasionally, a follicle doesn’t open to release the egg or recloses after releasing the egg and swells with fluid, forming an ovarian cyst. This is usually harmless and goes away on its own. However, large cysts may cause pelvic pain, weight gain, and frequent urination. Ovarian cysts can be identified with a pelvic examination or ultrasound.
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
This infection can cause permanent damage to the uterus, ovaries and fallopian tubes. It is the leading preventable cause of infertility in women. Symptoms include abdominal pain, fever, abnormal vaginal discharge, and pain during sex or urination. PID is treated with antibiotics or surgery in severe cases.
As well as triggering mood swings and food cravings, PMS (premenstrual syndrome) can also cause abdominal cramps, low back pain, headaches, tender breasts, and acne. Hormonal changes may be to blame. Stress, lack of exercise and some vitamin deficiencies may make the symptoms worse. Lifestyle changes and medication can often help.
Fibroids are benign tumors that develop within the uterus. About 1 in 5 women develop fibroids during their childbearing years and half of all women will have fibroids before they are 50.
- Heavy menstrual bleeding (menorrhagia)
- Bleeding between periods
- Periods lasting longer than normal
- Pelvic cramping or pain with periods
- A sensation of fullness or pressure in lower abdomen
- Needing to urinate more often
- Pain during intercourse
Fibroids often do not cause symptoms and are usually discovered during a routine gynecological examination, diagnostic test or scan. To confirm the diagnosis you may be asked to undergo:
- Ultrasound scan
- Transvaginal ultrasound
Treatments vary depending on your age, general health, the type of fibroids, and if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant in the future. Some women may just need pelvic exams or ultrasounds every once in a while to monitor the fibroid growth.
Treatment for the symptoms of Fibroids:
- Birth control pills (oral contraceptives) help control heavy periods
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen for pain
- Intrauterine devices (IUDs) release the hormones to reduce heavy bleeding and pain
- Iron supplements treat anemia caused by heavy periods
- Short-term hormone therapy injections help to shrink the fibroids
Surgery options for treating fibroids:
- Uterine artery Embolisation
Your period could be defined as heavy if you:
- Pass large blood clots
- Require frequent changes of tampons or sanitary towels
- Require double sanitary protection (tampons and sanitary towels)
- Bleed through to clothes or bedding
Heavy periods that recur each month, and interfere with your quality of life, are known as menorrhagia. Menorrhagia accounts for 30% of all Gynecological outpatient attendances. 25% of women feel that their menstrual loss is excessive and up to 10% take time off work.
In 40-60% of cases, the cause of heavy bleeding is not known. This is called dysfunctional uterine bleeding. With dysfunctional uterine bleeding, the womb and ovaries are normal, it is not a hormonal problem, and periods may be regular. This condition is more common in patients approaching the menopause or who have only started their periods recently (in these cases periods are likely to be irregular in addition to being heavy).
Other, less common causes of heavy bleeding include:
- Fibroids, which are non-cancerous tumors that grow in the muscle of the uterus
- Endometriosis, where cells from the uterus lining grow in other parts of the body
- Pelvic infection (e.g. STIs)
- Polyps, masses in the inner lining of the uterus
- Endometrial cancer (very rare cause)
- Hormonal problems
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Anticoagulant medication such as warfarin
To diagnose the cause of heavy periods, tests may include the vaginal examination of the cervix (neck of the womb) and examination of the size and shape of the uterus (womb). If the vaginal examination is normal and the patient is under 40 years old, the diagnosis is generally dysfunctional uterine bleeding. If the uterus is found to be large or abnormal, and/or they are over 45 years old, further diagnostic tests may be required. Further tests will also be required if other symptoms, such as irregular bleeding or pain during sex, are also present. These may include:
- Ultrasound, which can detect fibroids, polyps or structural changes in the uterus
- Internal swabs to check for infection
- Hysteroscopy (a thin telescope is passed into the uterus)
- Endometrial sampling (biopsy of the uterine lining) to check for abnormalities
Most patients are given a blood test to check for anemia, due to the heavy blood loss. Approximately 60% of women with menorrhagia (recurrent heavy periods) will develop anemia.
- Hysterectomy (removal of the uterus) is often used in order to treat fibroids, this is not an option for patients wishing to maintain their fertility and organs, and hence a myomectomy is performed.
- Hysterectomy may be total (removing the body, fundus, and cervix of the uterus; often called “complete”) or partial (removal of the uterine body while leaving the cervix intact; also called “supracervical”). It is the most commonly performed gynecological surgical procedure.
- Hysterectomy may cause an increased risk of the relatively rare renal cell carcinoma. The increased risk is particularly pronounced for young women, the risk was lower after vaginally performed hysterectomies. Hormonal effects or injury of the ureter were considered as possible explanations. In some cases, the renal cell carcinoma may be a manifestation of an undiagnosed hereditary leiomyomatosis and renal cell cancer syndrome.
What is Laparoscopically Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy (LAVH)?
Laparoscopically assisted vaginal hysterectomy (LAVH) is a surgical procedure using a laparoscope to guide the removal of the uterus and/or Fallopian tubes and ovaries through the vagina (birth canal). The ovaries and other organs may also be removed. The uterus is removed through the vagina. It is done:
- When uterine fibroids are small to moderate in size.
- When the uterus is slightly larger than normal.
- To remove endometriosis and scar tissue (adhesions) confined to the uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries.
- To assess or remove ovaries at the same time as a vaginal hysterectomy.
Hospital stay is 3 to 5 days or more for the abdominal procedure and between 1 and 2 days but possibly longer for vaginal or laparoscopically assisted (LAVH) vaginal procedures.
Advantages of Laparoscopic-Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy (LAVH)
- Low risk of complication
- Less blood loss
- Short inpatient treatment duration Possible even with the larger uterus and after previous surgery
- The combination with reduction operations are possible
- Shortest operation time
- Short recovery period
An abdominal hysterectomy is a surgical procedure that removes your uterus through an incision in your lower abdomen. A partial hysterectomy removes just the uterus, leaving the cervix intact. A total hysterectomy removes the uterus and the cervix.
Recovery after a hysterectomy takes time. Immediately after a hysterectomy, you will stay in the hospital for 1 to 4 days for post-surgery care.
At home, you may resume your normal diet, and bathe or shower normally. The incision should be kept clean with soap and water, but it is not necessary to keep it bandaged. You may use lotion on the skin around the incision to relieve itching.
Advantages of Abdominal Hysterectomy:
- No limitation by the size of the uterus
- The combination of reduction and incontinence surgery possible
- The advantages of an abdominal hysterectomy are that the uterus can be removed even if a woman has internal scarring (adhesions) from previous surgery or her fibroids are large. The surgeon has a good view of the abdominal cavity and more room to work. Also, surgeons have the most experience with this type of hysterectomy. However, the abdominal incision is more painful than with vaginal hysterectomy and the recovery period is longer.
If you have been diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), you are probably no stranger to fertility problems. You may have tried to lose weight or take different fertility drugs to help you conceive. But if these PCOS fertility treatments did not work for you, you may wonder if there is another option.
Laparoscopic ovarian drilling is a surgical treatment that can trigger ovulation in women who have polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). Electrocautery or a laser is used to destroy parts of the ovaries.
What To Expect After Surgery
If you have a laparoscopy procedure, you will likely go home the same day and can do your normal activities within 24 hours. Your return to normal activities will depend on how quickly you recover from surgery, which may take a few days or as long as 2 to 4 weeks.
Breast Cancer starts when cells in the breast begin to grow out of control. These cells usually form a tumor that can often be seen on an x-ray or felt a lump. The tumor is malignant (cancerous) if the cells can grow into (invade) surrounding tissues or spread (metastasize) to distant areas of the body.
Advanced treatment options include two types of surgery that go beyond non-invasive options to treat lymphedema, a common side effect of breast cancer.
A small number of cancers start in other tissues in the breast. These cancers are called sarcomas and lymphomas and are not really thought of as breast cancers.
What are the risk factors for breast cancer?
The main risk factors for breast cancer are things you cannot change: being a woman, getting older, and having certain gene changes. These make your risk of breast cancer higher But having a risk factor, or even many does not mean that you are sure to get the disease.
Kanishk Women’s care center, Dehradun introduces Gynecologic Laparoscopy. A laparoscope is a telescope which can be inserted into the abdominal cavity through a small incision. A powerful light source and TV camera allow the surgeon to see the abdominal and pelvic organs more clearly. A laparoscope is a slender, lighted telescope. It allows your doctor to see inside your body. It can also be a form of treatment. With miniaturized instruments, your doctor can perform a variety of surgeries.
- Removal of fibroids
- Ovarian Cyst Removal
- Removal of Tubes or Ovaries
- Pelvic Floor Repair for Prolapse
- Bladder Neck Suspension for Incontinence
- Removal of Endometriosis
- Infertility Surgery
Laparoscopy generally has a shorter healing time than open surgery. It also leaves smaller scars.
Reasons for Gynecologic Laparoscopy
Laparoscopy can be used for diagnosis, treatment, or both. A diagnostic procedure can sometimes turn into treatment.
Some reasons for diagnostic laparoscopy are:
- unexplained pelvic pain
- unexplained infertility
- a history of pelvic infection
Conditions that might be diagnosed using laparoscopy include:
- Uterine Fibroids
- Ovarian Cysts or Tumors
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Pelvic Abscess
- Pelvic Adhesions, or Painful Scar Tissue
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- Reproductive Cancers
Some types of laparoscopic treatment include:
- Laparoscopic Removal of the Uterus (Hysterectomy)
- Reversal of a Contraceptive Surgery called Tubal Ligation
- Burch procedure for incontinence
- Blocking Blood Flow to Fibroids
- Removal of the Ovaries
- Removal of Ovarian Cysts
- Removal of Fibroids
- Endometrial Tissue Ablation, which is a treatment for endometriosis
- Adhesion Removal
- Vault Suspension to treat a Prolapsed Uterus
Kanishk Women’s Care Center, Dehradun
Kanishk Women’s Care Center, located centrally in Dehradun, capital of Uttarakhand (India). It has been established in the year of March 2011; here you will receive the highest level of care for yourself and your unborn baby, with state-of-the-art facilities and the most up to date prenatal testing. The center has grown to become the largest, most successful pregnancy resource center in Dehradun. We practice the full range of gynecologic services at Kanishk Women’s Care Center, Annual check-ups and routine Pap smears, to gynecologic problem visits and surgeries performed in the hospital. Our doctors are trained in the latest gynecologic procedures, including laparoscopic, laser, vaginal and infertility procedures and ultrasound.
Kanishk hospital is the best liver Specialist in Dehradun. In this hospital provide a comprehensive suite of treatments and diagnostic procedures for the treatment of various disorders related to the liver. Kanishk hospital is the ISO 9001:2008 Certified hospital. The Doctor s and Staff of the Hospital are inclined towards dedicated and tender patient care. Kanishk hospital is best for HPB & Liver Surgery hospital in India offering the best liver surgery, liver failure treatment, liver cirrhosis, fatty liver disease and Hepatic –Pancreatic -Billiard (HPB) Surgery diseases. The liver is the largest organ in the human body and other important function. Common Liver disease is a disease that affects the function of the liver. Liver disease is some time its serious condition that time treatment and regular monitoring by a liver specialist. Fatty liver occurs that causes in liver cells. That time normal, the healthy liver tissue is partly replaced with fatty tissue. Dr. Mukesh Gupta Gastrointestinal Surgeon in Dehradun. He is the surgical and super specialty in Kanishk hospital. The Professional qualification is MS, MCh and specializes in Gastro Surgery. He is the consultant at Kanishk hospital.
Kanishk hospital is the mainly Known as Rissole Fibroid treatment center in Dehradun. The fibroid is the name for use in the medical field for different types of tumors. Fibroids are common in the uterine fibroid. A fibroid is also Known as fibro. The tumor of fibrous connective tissue mainly come in the skin. In women, uterine fibroid has no symptoms. The fibroids are common, but they do not a typical cause for infertility, in accounting for about 3% of reasons why a woman may not be able to have a child. Fibroids are single or multiple. Most of the fibroids start in the muscular wall in the uterus. Some lesions may develop towards the outside of the uterus or towards in the internal cavity. Fibroids of uterine in the origin located in other parts of the body, sometimes they called parasitic and diagnosed with increasing frequency. Sometimes Fibroid monoclonal tumors Monoclonal tumors Monoclonal cells are defined as a group of cells produced one single ancestral cell by repeat cellular replication. Dr. Ritu Gupta is the Specialize in the Gynecological Surgeries and also special in Resole treatment Mainly Care of women and care related to pregnancy and the reproductive tract. She is also specialist in the hormonal disease.
Get the high-quality infertility treatment in Kanishk Hospital.
We use the most advanced reproductive science and technologies to achieve superior pregnancy success of Infertility Treatment in Dehradun.
Along with the most advanced fertility and technology experts, Infertility treatment in Dehradun includes world-class facilities where patients will be able to conceive the complete information and alternative prospects for making your infertility treatment cost-effective. Infertility treatment in Dehradun does not always require an expensive kind of infertility treatments. Therefore, we conclude a wide range of technologies to fulfill the individual call of each couple. Towards an affordable infertility treatment in Dehradun, IUI Treatment also works as enough as it requires to achieve desirable results.
Infertility The meaning of Infertility directs to the condition of male or female reproductive system that prevents the insemination of children. It not only concerns the two but their increased group as well. Nearly 5-10% of couples across the country undergo infertility Treatments.
Kanishk Hospital is one of the special Infertility Treatment Centre in Dehradun. To find more information about Infertility Centre & Infertility Treatments in Dehradun kindly visit our website www.kanishkhospital.com
Kanishk hospital is better service Provide in liver Problem in Dehradun. Liver pain is the work from several forms. Many Peoples in the Sometimes feel in the dull, throbbing sensation in the upper right abdomen. Liver pain is the feel in the stabbing sensation that takes in your breath away. Liver disease is always common condition, not an uncommon condition. We are still learning more about diseases in the liver, including when it triggers them and how to best treat them. The liver is any type of Problem symptoms that tend to accompany the Pain. Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) is the manager when its almost exclusive our modify Your diet and daily exercise routine. Treatment of your disease when it starts the addressing what you will drink and what you will eat. The liver has been diagnosed when Prescribed drug to maintain the condition and lessen your pain. Dr. Mukesh Kumar Gupta is the best consultant in Kanishk hospital. He is the Specialties in the Gastrointestinal Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery, and Oncology. He is the study is MBBS, MS, MCH (GI SURGERY).
Kanishk hospital is the Best unique Gastroenterologist center in Dehradun. There are Gastroenterologists specialize in disorders of the digestive system including the stomach, intestines, bowels, liver, gallbladder, esophagus, and pancreas. Also performs procedures and treats for cancer, ulcers, abdominal pain, diarrhea, and jaundice. Dr. Mukesh Kumar Gupta is the Gastrointestinal Surgeon, Dehradun. A gastroenterologist is the disease of the track to Liver Problems. It is the best hospital in Dehradun city. Kanishk is one of Uttarakhand’s largest surgical &-super specialty hospital located in Dehradun. The aim of the hospital is to maintain the highest standards of medical care along with, education & training. .Kanishk Hospital has an excellent clinical team and dedicated and committed Human Resources. A Gastroenterologist is a physician with dedicated training and unique experience in the management of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and liver. Gastroenterology is the study of the normal function and diseases of the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon and rectum, pancreas, gallbladder, bile ducts and liver. Gastroenterologist fellowship training is an intense, rigorous program where future Gastroenterologists learn directly from nationally recognized experts in the field and develop a detailed understanding of gastrointestinal diseases.
Kanishk hospital is best Known as healthcare as well as the best Provider in fatty liver doctor in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. Kanishk hospital is the Fatty liver is a reversible condition that can often be resolved with lifestyle modification. It is the best way to well treatment for any type of Problems. Kanishk hospital is very supportable staff and good doctors. fatty liver, or hepatic steatosis, is a term that describes the buildup of fat in the liver. Fatty liver is related to alcohol and non-alcohol related. Alcohol is a direct toxin to a liver and causes inflammation. The Presence of fatty liver diseases, the healthcare Practitioner.Dr. Mukesh Kumar Gupta is the best Gastro Intestinal Surgeon. Fatty liver or hepatic steatosis is a term that describes the buildup of fat in the liver. Fatty liver is a reversible condition wherein large vacuoles of triglyceride fat accumulate in liver cells via the process of steatosis despite having multiple causes. Fatty liver occurs when excess fat accumulates inside the liver cells. Fatty liver was first described in 1980 by the Mayo Clinic. It is known in medicine as Non-Alcoholic. Fatty liver is most commonly caused by incorrect diet, weight excess and etc. Many People with a fatty liver unaware of a liver problem. Fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and is most common causes of abnormal liver function tests. Fatty Liver is a Specialist. Liver cells are filled with