Pulmonary medicine department deals with various diseases of chest and lungs. It also includes management of critically ill patients on ventilator support. The department at Kanishk Hospital is managed by team of well qualified and experienced consultants and junior doctors. Doctors are specially trained and has vast experience in managing diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, COPD, ILD, pleural effusion, chest trauma, tuberculosis, emphysema, viral infections including Covid and Swine flu and complicated chest infections which often involves managing patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation.
Pulmonary medicine department at Kanishk hospital is well equipped with modern ventilators, NIV, video bronchoscope. Various diagnostic and interventional procedureslike bronchoscopy, biopsy, pleural aspiration, ICD, PFT, xray, CT scan, ultrasound, ECHO etc are being carried out on regular basis.
Pulmonary medicine department is functional 24×7 at Kanishk Hospital through emergency so that any respiratory emergency can be handled any time.
Pulmonary Function Testing
- 6 minutes walk test
- Lung Volume Test
- Sleep Studies / Polysomnography
- Arterial Blood Gases (ABG)
Pulmonary investigation for lung pathologies
- X Ray
- CT Scan of chest - with & without contrast , High-Resolution Computed Tomography (HRCT)
- CT Pulmonary Angiogram
- CT Guided Biopsy of Lung and Lymph Nodes
- Bronchoscopy including biopsies & Bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL)
Treatment for all kind of pulmonary pathologies including :
- Bronchial asthma & Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- allergic bronchitis & pneumonitis aspergillosis and Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology (ABAB)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- pulmonary fibrosis , Interstitial lung disease (ILD), Sarcoidosis
- OSA sleep apnea, Obesity hypoventilation syndrome (OHS)
- various pneumonia & bronchitis (bacterial, viral, fungal ) and Others
- Respiratory Tract Infections
- pulmonary hypertension , pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH)
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), Core pulmonary Lung Failure
- Autoimmune, genetics, hereditary & lung diseases
At KSSH, our pulmonary department is dedicated to provide all kinds of services related to pulmonology and related diseases by our Pulmonologist, expert in lung and respiratory tract diseases.